Monday, January 18, 2010

Onward and Upward

So, I have disenrolled my kids from our Alternative Learning Program (ALP) and have decided (with much encouragement from hubby) to go it alone.  I must admit that I have been pretty nervous about it, but now I am excited to be able to do it.
So, what kept me from doing it?  I think mostly fear.  Fear of not teaching the right things.  Fear of not being a good teacher.  Fear that I might not get it right.
You see, I'm a perfectionist, and I'm bound and determined to raise perfect kids!  Yeah, right.  I've really got to let go of that one.
So, for now, I'm going to do the best that I can, and trust that God will make up for my shortcomings.  Besides, the idea is not to teach them everything before they graduate high school, but to instill in them a love of learning for the rest of their lives.  And when they are ready to learn, hopefully I will have taught them everything they need to know about learning...and that is that it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment